There was a time when developing and implementing marketing campaigns meant running ads on the radio and placing print ads in newspapers. However, as the world moves toward a digital marketplace, medical practitioners are expanding their reach through digital marketing tactics.
Today, people browse ailments, book appointments, and read reviews before visiting a hospital. Thus, digital marketing for doctors, hospitals, and clinics is to build a strong and authoritative online presence via social media channels, search engine optimization, and other digital marketing techniques. Any medical practitioner that wants to get ahead in the current digital environment will need to adopt digital marketing tactics as part of the overall marketing strategy. This does not mean you have to ignore the traditional print ads, especially if your practice is seeing a great response from these types of ads. However, by leveraging digital marketing tactics in combination with traditional marketing strategies, your practice can start to optimize the marketing campaign for maximum results.
However, do not take just our word for it! Industry statistics show that digital marketing for doctors does work, regardless of your speciality or practice size.
Digital marketing also enables doctors’ clinics to access a host of new tools and techniques to serve patients and healthcare seekers in a professional and more efficient manner.
Why Does a Doctor Need Digital Branding and Marketing?
Here are the top reasons why a doctor needs digital marketing to create awareness, connect with patients and increase their practice manifolds. Please find the reasons below-
- More patients are online: The internet and social media networks are reshaping the way potential patients search for healthcare providers. According to a study conducted by Deloitte, 52% of consumers search online for information about treatment options or more generally to learn about health concerns/care providers. Thus, it clearly states that healthcare marketing strategy tends to encourage and strengthen the relationship between patients and doctors, hospitals, and clinics. So, as a medical practitioner, would it be a wise decision to let go of ever-increasing online opportunities? No matter what speciality your practice operates in, it is critical to create an online image that appeals to potential and existing patients. At the end of the day, you want to attract more patients. So why not capitalize on your online presence?
- Easier to target the right audience: Gone are the days when a one-size-fits-all approach seemed the best. Today’s digital era demands a customized and precise marketing strategy. For every product or service, there is a customer out there. How do you find these potential patients and pitch your offerings? Digital marketing for doctors is the answer! With plenty of online channels and social media platforms, you can target markets and specific groups of an audience anywhere across the globe. For Instance, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter allow you to search for specific groups based on demographics, interests, and more. This means you can advertise and promote your practice to the right customers and improve your lead potential.
- Digital marketing for doctors is cost-effective: Not all practices have significant marketing budgets. Smaller practices seem to struggle the most when it comes to allocating funds for marketing activities, which makes the competition seem unfair. However, digital marketing has levelled the playing field for everyone. The world of the Internet offers equal opportunities to all practices, regardless of their size, budget, or location. All you need to do is find the relevant tools and services such as local online listing management, content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and social media marketing to position your medical practice online. Traditional advertising mediums such as television and newspapers can cost you a fortune and may not be impactful. However, digital marketing is not only cost-effective but offers a wider reach across the globe.
- Easier to interact and engage with patients: Patients’ demands are continuously evolving, and to stay at the top, you must meet these ever-changing preferences. This means you must be continually updated and aware of what your patients are looking for, what they demand, what they prefer, and what they dislike. This information is vital for marketing purposes and paves the way for future offerings. Traditional marketing methods are typically one-sided, where the information is placed in media for potential customers to view, offering zero interaction. On the other hand, online marketing offers plenty of interaction and engagement opportunities with potential and existing patients. Through popular social media networks, you can interact with your patients, gain insight into their preferences and build a stronger digital healthcare marketing plan for doctors.
- Develop and improve online reputation: Branding is necessary for the long-term success of your medical practice. Patients may or may not remember a product or service, but they are likely to associate treatment with their care and compassion. One small mistake can give your practice a wrong impression in the minds of your patients. Look at it like this: A brand is a perception of a business that exists in the minds of your customers. It may take several years to build a positive brand image. However, digital marketing is helping new and small practices position themselves in the market and move toward strong brand-building faster. Through effective online channels, you can advertise and create great user experiences that will add to the brand building. Remember, branding is not just selling a product or service. It is a combination of patient engagement, pre-and post-treatment care, and providing a value-for-money experience.
- Your competitors are doing it: In such a fiercely competitive digital marketplace, ignoring the idea of digital marketing is not even an option. A quick competitor analysis will tell you how many of your rivals are opting for digital marketing strategies. The trick is to do it better than they do. Digital marketing tools offer a slew of options to experiment with online branding and market your medical practice and unique services. Your job is to make a digital marketing plan that fits your practice ideology and goals, attracts more patients, and does not exceed your budget.
- Become a thought leader: One of the easiest ways to bring consistent traffic to your practice website is to update social media each time you add a new blog post to your website. Social media platforms provide an opportunity to post useful and relevant content that increases awareness of your medical practice and positions you as a thought leader in your community. Posting blogs and articles is not the only way to create an online presence for your medical practice on social media. You can also join existing conversations by searching for relevant groups on LinkedIn or Twitter. Websites such as Quora are also great places for you to contribute to discussions, help patients with their problems and generate traffic for your website.
Evolve and grow
Growing your practice is necessary. And to grow, you need to promote your practice and widen your patient base, continuously. You cannot rely on outdated marketing methods to give you an extended or global reach. Digital marketing methods can give you a head start and let you expand your medical practice. Especially for small or medium-sized medical practices, digital marketing offers greater opportunities to build a brand and reach out to potential patients.
If you do not currently have a digital healthcare marketing strategy in place, you may be losing out on a significant opportunity to reach out to potential patients and make a stronger connection with your existing patients.
Get started today with Your Digital Branding Strategy
Are you ready to see the difference that digital marketing can bring to the growth of your medical practice? I would love to help you discover the power of online marketing tactics. Contact us today for a free consultation and to find out how you can get started.